What is TikiWiki?
is a powerful Content Management System that is easy to customize, configure and designed to create Portals, community sites, intranets, and general web applications. Tiki offers best of breed features, and supports easy extension of the core functions with the PHP language.
"A catch-all PHP application so you don't have to install many!"
is an open source web application which provides a full Wiki environment, as well as Articles, Sections, User/Group Management (including optinal LDAP interaction), Polls and Quizzes, File and Image Galleries, Forums, Comments on many areas, Weblogs, and much more.
See the TikiWiki
home at http://tikiwiki.org
Tiki is 100% free and open-source. Released under the LGPL license. Basically you can do whatever you want with Tiki
Tiki, Feature Overview
- Outputs valid XHTML code
- Uses CSS to deploy themes
- Permission system using groups and users
- Uses PEAR::DB to access databases
- Multi-language support
- Template-based using Smarty, customizable layout and look and feel
- Caching system for external pages and images
- Externally linked images are downloaded to the Tiki image base
- Rankings for all the features
- Integrated Search engine
- A Wiki
- Image Galleries
- File Galleries
- Articles and Submissions
- HTML and Dynamic HTML Pages (ie: Live Updates!)
- RSS Feeds
- Editable Drawings and Figures
- Internal Messaging
- User Tasks
- User Notepad
- Links Directory
- User Files
- And a grand total of more than 375 features not listed!