"Wiki wiki" means "quick" in Hawai'ian.
All you really need to know is:
this is a poem for sure about monospacing
i wrote in purple velour but couldn't find a rhyme for monospacing
- To edit any page click on the Edit link at the bottom of the page, or the edit icon at the top. You should do that right now, and read the source code of this page. It will make more sense.
- You get italics by surrounding words with two single quotes on either side like this.
- You get bold text by using two underscores on either side.
- And, bold italics by using both.
- You get bullets by using an asterisk * at the start of the line.
- To have plain monospaced font, indent with a space:
- You can separate paragraphs with an extra blank line. Example:
I am a paragraph.
I am a paragraph too. We're just very small paragraphs.
- You can get horizontal rules with four or more dashes like this:
- To create hyperlinks you just capitalize the words and string them together. Let's say you want to create a page about a test subject. All you have to do is capitalize each word and string them together like this: MyTestSubject. If the page does not exist yet a question mark appears after the link, inviting you to create the page: ThisPageShouldNotExist?. (And please don't ruin the example by creating one.)
- Another way of creating pages is to enclose the words in double brackets. (Again, please don't ruin the example by creating the page.)
- To link to pages outside the Wiki, you can just type in the URL and enclose it in square brackets: http://www.nytimes.com/
- To put images in, just use the image upload facility at the bottom of this page
- Now you are ready to begin AddingPages.
,en is meant to be fast and easy to edit. It has very simple markup that you can read about in TextFormattingRules